Department of Biochemistry:
The Department of Biochemistry is conducting DMLT course (Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology) for all UG and PG students
The Department is also conducting a certificate course in Histopathology for students of II M.Sc./ and III B.Sc. , also trained on Animal Handling and Blood Tapping methods.
The Department of Biochemistry is conducting a certificate course in ECG
approved by BSS for students of II B.Sc & I M.Sc. students..
The Post graduate students are given hands on training on Sophisticated Instruments like
o ELISA reader – Merck Miosmini
o Flame Photometer – Elico CL361
o HPLC – Shimadzu
o Immunoelectrophoresis – Medox BioMx 1250
o PCR – Eppendorf AG 22331 Hamburg
o UV-Transilluminator – Spectroline slimline series
o SDS – PAGE – Genei minipack – 250
o Semi-auto analyzer – Merch microlab 300
o UV-VIS spectrophotometer – shimadzu UV-1601
o Spectrofluorimeter – Elico CL53
o UV – Laminar flow – Clean air CAH 600
The Department has got approval from CPCSEA (Committee for the Purpose of Control and Supervision of Experiments on Animals) for doing Ph.D., and M.Phil., research work.
Department of Computer Science:
The department is equipped with high configuration systems controlled by IBM Zeon Servers and separate Internet Lab with high speed Broad Band Internet connection. The department provides one to one pc for students. The department runs AICTE approved MCA (Master of Computer Application) course. The department also provides supportive courses like Multimedia and Animation Certificate course. The department conducts training in Dot Net software for the PG students. The department conducts coaching for UG students to shine in TANCET and Coaching for NET to PG students.
The Department of Computer Science and Applications is Conducting a Certificate Course on "CISCO Certified Networking" (CCNA) for all the UG and PG students.
The Department is equipped with high configuration Systems(120 Systems)controlled by IBM Zeon servers.
We provide high speed Broad Band Internet access for all UG and PG students.
The Department provides one to one pc for students.
The Department runs AICTE approved MCA with intake of 60 students.
The Department has planned to conduct certificate course in Animation and Dot Net for all UG and PG students.
The Department conducts coaching class for UG students to shine in TANCET and NET to PG students.
Department of Commerce and Business Administration:
The department conducts free type writing classes for the
students. An MOU is signed with Tally India Pvt., Ltd., Chennai to conduct
Tally courses for the students in the college campus.
The Department of Commerce and Business Administration is
conducting a certificate course on CAT (Certificate of Accounting Techniques)
for B.Com and B.B.A. students.
The Department of Commerce and Business Administration
is conducting a certificate course on CAT (Certificate of Accounting Techniques)
for B.Com and B.B.A. students and COA (Computer on Office Automation Course) for
all discipline students. The Department has signed MOU with SIRC ICWAI, Chennai
to conduct course for Commerce students.
Department of Microbiology:
The Department of Microbiology is giving individual training to do research through their M.Sc., project. During the current year 2009-2010 the department has planned to start coaching for CSIR/UGC NET for the post-graduate students. The Post- graduate students are given hands-on training on instruments like
ELISA Reader - DYNATEC MR-250
ELISA Washer - LABSYSTEM
Immunoelectrophoresis - GENEI
Gel Documentation System - BIORAD
Reuter’s Air Centrifuge - HI-AIR
SDS-PAGE - GENEI
Biological Safety Cabinet - KLENZOIDS, CLEAN AIR
Biological Safety Cabinet - KLENZOIDS
(With Virus burn out)
Refrigerated Centrifuge - KUBOTA
UV Transilluminator - FOTODYNE
Phase Contrast Microscope - OLYMPUS
Dark Field Microscope - LABOMED
Photo Microscope - LEICA ATC 2000
Spectronic -20 - MILTON ROY
Western Blotting Apparatus - GENEI
Tissue Homogenizer - REMI RX/AD WITH HP MOTOR
17. Water Still - NAT STEEL
The Department of Microbiology is conducting a Certificate Course "Medical Laboratory Technician" (MLT) for all UG and PG students of the Department.
Events of Departments:
Department of Biochemistry
One day National Symposium
on”Entrepreneurship Development for Life Sciences” was organized on 23rd January
2013. Mr.S.Muralidharan,Regional Manager,Tamil Nadu Industrial Investment
Corporation(TIIC),Chennai, Dr.R.Dayalane,General Manager
(Microbiology),Puducherry Agro Service and Industries Corporation
Limited,Puducherry. Dr.S.Meenakumari, Asst.Professor in Biotechnology, Nadar
Mahajana Sangam S.Vellaichamy Nadar College,Madurai were the chief guests for
- A Training program was organized on 23rd and 24th July 2008 for the students
and staff members on "Animal Handling" by Dr. E.V.R. Srinivasan and Dr.
Meignanasundar, Research officers, Institute of Veterinary and Preventive
- National Symposium was organized on "Recent Trends in Molecular Diagnosis
and Nanotherapeutics" on 15th and 16th October 2008.
- A Guest Lecture on "Animal Tissue Culture Technique" was delivered to the
students and staff by Dr. A. Padmaraj, M.V.Sc., Assistant Research Officer,
Institute of Veterinary Preventive Medicine, Ranipet on 24th Feb 2009.
- A guest lecture was delivered on "Polyphosphate Kinare as a target Gene for
the new concept of Antibiotics for mycobacterium tuberculosis" by Dr. V.
Ravikumar, M.Sc., M.Phil., P.hd., Department of Biochemistry, Bharathidasan
University on 7th August 2009
- Registration of establishments / Breeders under the "Breeding of and
Experiments on Animals (Control and Supervision) Rules 1998" Animal Ethical
Committee was amended.
- A CSIR-Sponsored National Conference was conducted on “BIOPROCESSING OF
RENEWABLE SOURCES AND VACCINE TECHNOLOGY” on 21st & 22nd Oct’2009. *}
- A guest lecture was organized on 21st July 2010 for the staffs and students
on "Immuno Assay Techniques" by Dr. R. Selvakumar, Head, Department of Clinical
Biochemistry, Christian Medical College, Vellore.
- The Department conducted the first meeting of the Institutional Animal
Ethics Committee on 7th August 2010.
- The Department celebrated “Nutrition Day” on 30/09/2010, in which “Nutritive
Ready-mix “ a food competition was conducted and a seminar on “Diet Therapy for
Diabetes” was delivered by Dr.Go.Bharani.M.D,Diabetes,
Asst.Professor,Govt.Medical college and Hospital,Adukkamparai.
- One Day International Conference on “Genetherapy and Phytotherapy in Modern
medicine” is proposed to be held on 04th Jan’2011.
- Science awareness program organized for school children on 8th December 2010.
- Department of Biochemistry organized Diabetes awareness and screening camp in the village
of Kummdithangal on 5th March 2011.
Department of Computer Science
National Conference on “CLOUD COMPUTING” was organized on 23rd
February-2013.Dr.R.Rajesh,Assistant Professor,School of Computer
Science&Engineering,Pondicheery Engineering College,Pondicherry,Mr.D.Suresh,Lead
Architect,IBM India PvtLtd.DLF IT Park,Chennai were the chief guests for the
One day National Conference on “Data Mining” was organized
on 6th March, 2012. Dr.K.Rajkumar, Associate Professor, Dept of Computer
Science, Bishop Heber College, Tiruchi, Dr.Angeline Geetha, professor Head, Dept
of Computer Science Engineering, B.S.Abdur Rahman University, Chennai,
Dr.A.Senguttuvan, Professor &Dean, Dept of Computer Science & Engineering, Sree
Vidyanikethan Engineering College, Tirupathi were the chief guests for the
A National Level Seminar was conducted on "Next Generation Networks" on 25th and 26th Sep 2008.
- A Guest Lecture on "Career Opportunities" was delivered to the students and staff by Mrs. AkilaKalaiselvan,Consultant, Chennai, on 14th August 2008.
- A Guest Lecture on "Soft Edge" was delivered to the students and staff by Mr. H. Meeran Mohideen, Banyan Technology Solutions, Chennai on 11th Sep 2008.
- Organized a seminar on "Identify the Field of your Specialization" by Mr. Sagar Sengupta, Managing partner, Grow Skill solution pvt.,Ltd., Chennai, 12th August 2009.
- A Guest Lecture on "LINUX EXPERT SYSTEM" was delivered to the students and staff by Mr. Basker, Chennai.
- One day National Conference was conducted towards "Soft Computing" on 28th Jan 2010.
- A Guest Lecture on “Knowledge Management System” was delivered to the staff
and students by Dr. T. Bhuvaneshwari, Director, Department of Computer
Applications, Dr.MGR University, Chennai on 24th Aug 2010.
- A Guest Lecture was delivered on “Mobile Computing” to the students and
staff by Sathish.T, Project Manager, Retail solution, Chennai on 02nd Sep 2010.
- One day National Level Conference on “Network Security” is proposed to be
held on 28th Jan’2011.
Department of Commerce and Business Administration
day National Conference on “Growth and Challenges of Retail Industry in India”
was organized on 13th March-2013. Dr.S.Gurusamy,Head Department of
Commerce,University of Madras,Chennai,Mr.S.Ilayaraja,Asst.Professor, Department
of Business Administration,RMD Engineering College,Chennai,Mr.Akhil
Jain,Marketing & Communication Manager,Havells India Ltd,Noida(U.P) were the
chiep guests for the Conference.
One day National Level Conference on “Human Resource
Management Challenges” was organized on 27th February-2013.Mr.C.J.Praveen
Dr.A.Varadaraj,Associate Professor,Department of Management Studies,Measi
Institute of Managemnt,Chennai,Mr.C.Thirumalazhagan,Assistant
Professor,Department of Management Studies,Anna University,Tiruchirappalli were
the chiep guests for the Conference.
One day National Conference on “Issues and Challenges in Foreign Direct
Investment” was organized on 20th March’ 2012. Dr.V.Gopalan, Director-Janhar
Management Consultancy Pvt Ltd., Chennai, Dr.B.Charumathi, Associate Professor,
Department of Management Studies, Pondichery University, Puduchery, Dr.M.Muthu
GopalaKrishnan, Associate professor, Acharya Bangalore B School, Bangalore were
the Invited Speakers for the Conference.
- One day National – Level Seminar "Global Marketing" was conducted on 19th March 2008.
- One day seminar was organized on "Certified Accounting Technician [CAT]" by Thiru. P. Ponnusamy, Dean-Com – Academic SIRC of ICWAI, Egmore, Chennai, 5th August 2009.
- A National Conference was conducted on "Current Trends in Capital Market" on 3rd Feb'2010.
- A Guest Lecture on “Entrepreneurial Development” was delivered to the
students by Mr. S.R. Ragunath, Assistant General Manager - SBI- Staff College,
Chennai, Vice-Principal (Retd), Muthoot Finance Staff College, Ernakulam on 17th
- Guest Lecture on “Enhancing Soft skills” was delivered to the students and
staffs by Dr. J. Srinivasan, Associate Professor& Research Supervisor, P. G. &
Research Department of Commerce, Aringnar Anna Government Arts College, Cheyyar
on 13th Sep 2010.
- The Department Inaugurated ICWAI course for Commerce students on 17th Sep
- One day National Level conference on “HR- Practices in Banking Sector” is
proposed to be held on 10.02.2011
Department of Microbiology
One day National Level Workshop on “Molecular Techniques”
was organized on 13th & 14th February-2013. Dr.V. Saravana Perumal,Priya
Research lab,Bangalore,S.J.Pradeep Raja, properitor and founder ,Priya Research
Labs, Bangalore were the chiep guests for the Workshop.
One day National Symposium on “Microbial Enzymes &
Probiotics was organized on 28th October 2011,
Prof.K.Jeevarathnam,Department of Biochemistry & Molecular biology,
Pondicherry University, Pondicherry,Prof.Sulochana Somasundaram,Department
of Biotechnology,Sri Venkateshwara Engineering College,Sriperumbudur.
Prof.G.Narasimha, Applied Microbiology Laboratory, Dept of Biology, Sri
Venkateshware University, Thirupati were the chief guests for the Symposium
- A Guest Lecture on "Leprosy and Animal Models" was delivered to the students and staff by Dr. R. Vijayaraghavan, Research Officer, CLTRI, Chengelput on 28.08.2008.
- A National Symposium on "Recent Trends in Microbial Technology" – MICROTEK 2009 was organized on 29.01.2009.
- A Guest Lecture on "VACCINOLOGY" was delivered to the students by Dr.A.Padmarajan, Research officer, Institute of Veterinary and Preventive Medicine, Ranipet on 14th Oct'2009
- A Guest Lecture on "HUMAN LYMPHATIC FILARIASIS" was delivered to the student by Dr.V.Rajagopalan, Senior Entomologist, Zonal Entomological Team, Vellore on 24th Feb’2010.
- A Guest Lecture was organized on 30th July 2010 for the staff and students on "Laboratory Diagnosis of Tuberculosis" by Dr.Padmanesan Narasimhan, MBBS, MPH, Ph.D., Department of Epidemiologist and Clinical Research, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia and Mr.Vijayakumar, Associate Research Officer in Infections Diseases, Training and Research Center, Christian Medical College, Vellore.
- One day National Symposium on “Molecular Diagnosis of Communicable
Diseases-INFECTIVA’10” was organized on 11th Oct’2010, Dr.Subash Chandra Parija,
Director, Professor & Head, Department of Microbiology, JIPMER, Puducherry,
Dr.Vanaja Kumar, Scientist F, Tuberculosis Research Centre (TRC), Chennai, Dr.
G. Jayalakshmi, Professor, Department of Microbiology, Madras Medical College,
Chennai were the chief guests for the symposium.
- A Guest lecture on “Fermentation products” is proposed to be held in the
month of January 2011.
Department of Biochemistry
- One day Diabetes awareness and screening camp is proposed to be held during August’2011
- One day training program for the students on Animal Handling during September’2011
- One day workshop for the students using ELISA, PCR, HPLC, Semi auto analyzer is
proposed to be held during October’2011
- The Department has planned to conduct Science day for school children during
Department of Microbiology
- One day National Level Symposium will be conducted on 13th October’2011.
Department of Computer Science and Applications
- The Department of Computer Science and Applications has planned to conduct one day
National Level Seminar during October’ 2011.
Department of Commerce and Business Administration
- The Department has planned to conduct one day National Conference on Global Marketing
in the month of February’2012.